This 4th of July snack mix is the best combination of sweet and salty for your patriotic party. Easy red white and blue recipe that comes together within minutes!
This 4th of July snack mix is the perfect easy recipe for your red white and blue party. Toss everything in a very large bowl and let cool on wax paper. The sweet and salty combination is irresistible with a touch of cinnamon from the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Super YUM!
This post contains affiliate links.
Ingredients for this recipe
If you need the easiest dish to bring to a party, snack mix is always a great choice! This white chocolate Chex mix recipe is super fast and super easy. Gather these ingredients:
Grocery List for 4th of July Snack Mix
- Chex cereal (6 cups rice or corn)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (4 cups)
- Mini pretzels (4 cups)
- Dry roasted peanuts (2 cups)
- Vanilla almond bark (24 oz)
- Red, white and blue plain M&M’s (2 cups)
- Red, white and blue jimmies sprinkles (3 tablespoons)
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
You can change up the ingredients and measurements. Maybe you want less peanuts and more pretzels? Square pretzels or twist pretzels? Maybe add in some peanut butter M&M’s. I love the hint of cinnamon in this snack mix, but you can definitely sub out a more neutral cereal like Cheerios. It’s very easy to make this your own!
If you do not want to use almond bark, you can use white chocolate chips. I find almond bark melts more easily, though.
Directions to make white chocolate snack mix
You won’t believe how easy this is. This recipe comes together in just 3 steps!
- Toss together the cereals, pretzels, peanuts and 1 cup of the M&M’s in a VERY large mixing bowl.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Pour into the bowl and gently mix to coat.
- Spread on wax paper, sprinkle with additional M&M’s and sprinkles, then allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces for serving.
Okay, there is a step 4: GO AHEAD AND MUNCH AWAY! 😉
Party mix for a crowd
This snack mix recipe yields a TON which means it’s great for a gathering or for gifting into treat boxes. There is also the option of keeping it all to yourself and snacking on it through out the week. It keeps for a long time in an airtight container on your counter.
To let the festive red white and blue colors stand out, reserve some of the M&M’s for sprinkling over top of the mixture while it cools. So, after spreading the mixture onto the wax paper, immediately sprinkle the M&M’s and jimmies over top and lightly press with your hand so it sticks.
Other snack recipes
4th of July Snack Mix
- 6 cups Chex cereal (rice or corn)
- 4 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 4 cups miniature pretzels (twists or squares)
- 2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
- 2 cups red, white and blue plain M&M's , divided
- 20 oz. vanilla almond bark (or white chocolate chips)
- 3 tablespoons red, white and blue jimmies sprinkles
- In a very large bowl, combine the chereals, pretzels, peanuts and 1 cup of the M&M's.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package directions. Pour over ingredients in the bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Spread mixture in even layer over wax paper. Immediately sprinkle with remaining 1 cup M&M's and jimmies pressing lightly into mixture with palm of hand. Let cool completely to harden then break into pieces to serve.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only based on 1 cup serving size, yielding 20 cups.