Mango and bacon makes these Brussels Sprouts a favorite sweet and salty side dish! Serve Brussels Sprouts with Mango and Bacon to turn any Brussels sprouts hater into a fan!
Yesterday, I mentioned in my BlogHer Food recap that I attended a cocktail party hosted by the National Mango Board, and that my favorite dish served were the Brussels Sprouts. They actually mailed us a copy of the recipe, along with some fresh mangos, so I made the exact dish with our dinner the other night.
In fact, our entire dinner was made up with mangos, as we also grilled bratwurst then topped them with a mango relish. (Another recipe by National Mango Board.) Dinner was SO good, that I had to snap a picture at least of the Brussels sprouts and share the recipe with you.
This post is not at all sponsored by The National Mango Board. I love this recipe and I love mangos!
The Brussels Sprouts and diced mango are cooked in bacon fat (yes, please!) and sweetened a bit with brown sugar. Who can say “no” to that, even if they are Brussels sprouts?
This comes together quickly… another reason not to reject them!
Now, go, and convert to being a fan of Brussels sprouts …and mangos …and bacon. 🙂
Brussels Sprouts with Mango and Bacon
- 6 slices bacon , chopped
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts , washed and sliced in half
- 2 large mangos , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper , to taste
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, until crispy (about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Leave about 1 Tablespoon bacon fat in the pan, discard the rest. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and cook over medium high heat until the Brussels sprouts and mango begin to brown, about 6 minutes. (Stir occasionally.)
- Remove from the heat and toss in the cooked bacon. Serve immediately.