Homemade S’mores Pop Tarts hold even better taste than your favorite store-bought S’mores Pop Tarts. Our kids love these and they are easy to make with pre-made refrigerated pie crusts!
How many times have you said to your kids, “I’m not buying anymore Pop Tarts!”? I have told them this many times because they absolutely obsess over the S’mores ones. If we have them in the house, they will not eat anything else. You think I’m kidding!
Once in a while I cave and buy them. (Okay, I’m obsessed with them, too!) Why are they SO darn good? That melty chocolate and marshmallow striped center gets me every time. Maybe I’m the real reason I refuse to keep them in the house.
I decided maybe I would feel better if they were (semi) homemade. For a few Saturday mornings I made these for breakfast, although they really should be dessert. But, just as much as our favorite donuts should be, too. My kids and Ben loved this homemade version of the S’mores Pop Tarts and I think you will, too!
They’re super easy to throw together when using refrigerated pie crusts, marshmallow fluff, and frosting. Sprinkle with crushed up graham crackers and you’ve got yourself a treat! You can decide on a chocolate frosting topping like the store-bought, or use Pillsbury’s Marshmallow frosting like we do. SO yummy!
My photos do not show the striped insides because I didn’t make them that way the day of the photo shoot. But, you can easily create it by using zipper bags to pipe the fluff and chocolate inside. I normally like to use Hershey bars for the inside because it is fun for the kids to see when making them, but you can use chocolate frosting if you’re going for the striped effect.
A few items that might help with this recipe:
Marshmallow Creme (you can use any brand)
Marshmallow Frosting (what I use as a topping for the Pop Tarts)
Pizza stone (you can use any baking pan, but I love using my Pampered Chef pizza stone for this)
Homemade S'mores Pop Tarts
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts thawed according to package directions
- 1 cup marshmallow creme more or less, to taste
- 3 full size Hershey chocolate bars
- 1 tub marshmallow frosting (or chocolate, vanilla, to taste)
- 6 graham crackers loosely crushed
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll each pie crust into a square, about 10- x 10-inches. Slice in half lengthwise, then into thirds to make 6 rectangles out of each pie crust (a total of 12 pieces).
- Spread a tablespoon or two of marshmallow creme on all pie crust rectangles, making sure to leave at least half an inch border. Top half of the pie crusts with half of a Hershey bar.
- Place the other half of rectangles over top the chocolate bar halves and pinch the border shut with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes. Spread frosting over top (or pipe) and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.