I can pretty much guarantee that you’re going to swoon over the healthy dessert from our last blogger of the #EatHealthy16 series. Justine from Cooking and Beer makes me swoon over her food on a regular basis. Be sure to stop by and enter to win the Blendtec 725 Blender that she is giving away! As well as check out Cupcakes & Kale Chips for some Healthy Snacks or Love Bakes Good Cakes for some Healthy Meal Ideas for our #EatHealthy16 Series.
Hi there! Justine from Cooking and Beer here! You guys may already know me from contributing to Jenny’s blog over the past year, but I’m posting here for a different reason on this lovely Friday! I am absolutely THRILLED to be participating in this year’s Eat Healthy Series, and I couldn’t think about celebrating any other way than with a super delicious and healthy dessert recipe!
No-Bake Blueberry Chocolate Tart (Vegan, GF)
I feel like we are all in the same boat this time of year. It’s tough to stick to those New Year’s resolutions, especially when there are blizzards slamming the coasts. While I live in the west and was unfortunate enough to miss that crazy northeast storm, it’s cold and snowy here 9 months out of the year. Literally the idea of leaving my house is scary, and keeping to a gym schedule can be seriously daunting. As we all attempt to keep to those gym schedules and eat healthier, it can be tough to keep in mind that it’s OK to splurge on a french fry here and there or sneak that piece of chocolate from the cabinet. You definitely don’t have to skip dessert. We need some way to reward ourselves, right?!
I love simple and quick desserts that also happen to be not so bad for you. Making tarts is the perfect way to keep things light and also be super impressive at the same time! This no-bake blueberry chocolate tart is the perfect dessert to serve at a dinner party. It takes little to no time and you can make it a day, even days, in advance. Hey, I’ll even make a ton of mini tarts and eat them myself for a week. Then again, I seriously have no shame.
In addition to this quick no-bake blueberry chocolate tart being vegan, gluten-free, and super healthy, this recipe is also super easy which is why I love it so much for this time of year. There is no baking required and will literally take no more than 20 minutes or your time. It all starts with the crust, that is literally just a mixture of almond flour, oats, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, agave nectar and salt. It is pressed into a greased tart pan. A melty mixture of vegan dark chocolate, blueberry jam, espresso powder and warm coconut milk is poured into the pan. Fresh blueberries are the perfect final touch for this no-bake blueberry chocolate tart. Chill it for a couple of hours before serving and you’re all set!
Find the recipe below!
No-Bake Blueberry Chocolate Tart (Vegan,GF)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp pure agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 10 oz vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam
- 3/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan or 3-4 4-inch tart pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, cocoa powder, coconut oil, agave nectar, and salt. Press the mixture into the tart pan or pans until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the espresso powder, chocolate chips and jam. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium-low heat until hot and simmering. Remove from heat and pour the coconut milk over the chocolate chips or chunks. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the mixture into the tart pan or pans. Decorate with fresh blueberries and place the tart immediately in the fridge to chill for 4-6 hours before serving.
Along with sharing this super delicious recipe with you guys today, we are also hosting a really fun giveaway for a Blendtec 725 Blender! Click HERE to enter!
Cooking and Beer where I’m combining bold and inspirational cooking (and baking) with the best craft beer I can get my hands on!